LARA offers a free outreach mobile counselling service for refugee women*, who have experienced violence or are continuing to do so.
We offer confidential and partisan counselling, support and information, irrespective of how long ago the violence took place. Women who have experienced violence can continue to feel the physical and psychological effects for years afterwards.
This service is open to all refugee women, irrespective of religion, status, disability or sexual orientation.
There are many forms of violence
e.g., pushing, hitting, strangling, kicking, locking up
obscene jokes and comments, unsolicited touching, harassment of all kinds – including rape
e.g. threats, insults, blackmail, control, isolation
Being forced to work against your will
You are welcome to come to us if you need support.
- Psycho-social counselling in Russian, English and German or in other languages with the help of an interpreter
- Group counselling sessions
- To accompany you to authorities, doctors etc.
- Information events on various topics
- Legal counselling in family law, the Protection against Violence Act and criminal law
- Contacts to other support services (e.g. to safe houses for women and children and to doctors and therapists)
Mobile counselling can take place
- on LARA’s premises
- in your home
- in another place of your choice
The mobile counselling service is
- free of charge
We will not pass on your name or your story to other persons or official bodies without your consent.
Only you decide whether and what kind of information we may pass on!